History of the Alpine Guesthouse & Refuge Pederü

Great moments in the heart of the Dolomites

Up until WorldWar IPederü was only a hub to the pastures Fanes, Senes and Fodara Vedla.
During World War IPederü developed into a village with craftsmen, water reservoirs, military hospital and graveyard. Lots of trees were cleared for the construction of huts and repositories. Ropeways and a telegraph line were realised in order to reach the Dolomite front line from here.
During the 20'sPederü '20Angelo Pisching obtained the authorisation by the state to break down the barracks in order to make wood charcoal out of them. Only the officer barrack and one side building remained untouched. The officer barrack was turned into an alpine refuge, while the other hut was used as stable, depot and storage.
In 1935the wooden hut was demolished and the construction of a stone wall building began.
after World War II (1945)Adolf Pisching (de Candido), son of Angelo, finished the hut.
1946Pederü '40Adolf got married to his wife Ida and the refuge was opened to the public.
1953Pederü '50the first rooms were built and let.
1959a dining room and a power station were realised in order to provide the refuge with electricity. A diesel power unit was used whenever there was no water.
1960 and 1966rooms were added.
1974 the refuge was renovated and the power station was also newly developed.
from 1975Pederü '90Pederü was opened for guests and visitors in summer and winter.
2010
aussen-sommer-tag
the last renovation and modernisation works and the realisation of a pellet facility occurred. During the summer months, Guesthouse Pederü is autonomous with regards to energy and provides an example from an ecological point of view. In winter, the refuge is heated in an ecological way with pellets. Unfortunately the power station does not deliver energy in winter, therefore the energy is taken from a power line from S. Vigilio.